23 January 2010

:: Take 2 :: push and march forward ::

Simple is the way : that's the first thing I learnt while designing user interface... my first version was rather messy and not as unified. That was scraped and version 2 was up with the firm mindset of keeping it simple and easy on the eyes. That was version 2, I focused more on the various "pop up" windows layout. The buttons came out as a disaster since I don't really have much time to spend on it...looks like the UI wasn't quite well received and I feel a little like I've let down my teammates but never mind, i shall march forward and read up on more books and see if i can improve and make it better. A little setback but nevermind, I shan't be dishearted for long, there isn't time for it anyway...keep moving on!!

Sometimes I always wonder if I am ever good enough, a stupid self confidence issue of mine but I will keep telling myself that I'd be okay, there's a reason why I am here and I'd just give my best and things will eventually work out >.<

Anyway, give my all and learn what I can is the route i'd take, but of course, think and learn smart, now on to study more about GUI...

In the world of hell and heaven, each person have a very very long spoon. In hell, everyone starves because they can't feed themselves but in heaven, everyone is always full since they feed each other.

2 comments:

  1. No worries, you aren't really expected to have a polished UI in place by mid-assignment submission, and you're really only submitting so that Dr Ben can nitpick around a little and point out stuff that he would like to see by the end of the assignment - almost like 'revealing the marking scheme' yknow. So don't be disheartened by his nitpicks ;) We just want your apps to be the best it can be by the deadline.

    FWIW I thought gentoo was really cute and look forward to seeing the final version :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot :) mwhaaha, our group chionging it out now :) as of just a few minutes ago, i just barely finish the version 3 XD, i would like to think that this one'd be nicer <3

    this is a project that my group's really ON and passionate about. We really pour in loads of effort want it to come out good >.< though there's a lot of penguin ref, we'd love for it to work >.<

    and nah, im not really expecting myself to be perfect or something.. i was only really expecting myself to keep on improving "i shall be better today than i am yesterday :)" and look at the time, i'd be finally able to slp at night. so for the few times that i really mean it, good nightz >.<

    ReplyDelete