09 January 2010

::Looking Forward::

You know, before I've decided to take CS3216, I've hesitated for a very long while. I kept wondering whether I should take it (frankly, the MCs goes nowhere for me, so it's like a totally optional module i can take). I knew that it's a very heavy module and I've only just started programming last semester, i wonder if i could make it. There's also the worry where my other modules would be affected and all those stuff, and in the worse case, i might drop out of my ddp programme. But after much thought and discussion with a few people, i've decided to take it.

I've had doubts, that's for sure but I also understand that I'd gain invaluable knowledge, friendships and experience from it that's beyond the classroom. I thought hard about it but i know it in my heart that it'd be worth it in the end. (most of prof's killer stuff definitely fit the category "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" to a T).

Now that we've been assigned the task of thinking about what we can achieve from this module, I'd just list some of the major reasons that influenced me to take this module:) Oh well, the most obvious one out there is of course the exhilarating experience that we'd experience when we see out ideas take flight as well as all the interesting knowledge that comes with it. Well, I'm still new to computing and all those stuff, so i thought that while it's fun and i'd definitely learn a lot from it, it'd give me a chance to experience projects of this scale so that i can gauge at least what i may do in the future when i get out. It was a chance for me to explore my interest and grasp for myself the feeling and knowledge that as long as i have a will nothing is unachievable(since in this case it looks so far outta my reach but i know im gonna make it:)). I've done a few production projects in the past, it was always satisfying but i always had this feeling, that anyone can do that, and i want to progress to do bigger things that have more impact. CS3216 just helped me realise it.

Next, which I think are very important as well is the friends that i can make, the network as well as a glimpse at how things really work out there, outside of the "protective shell" that schools protects their in. I'm certain that this will help me improve my teamwork, that I'd be more understanding, more accommodating and also learn how to support others in a team project. More importantly, i can learn from my peers and vice versa so that we can all learn from each other, that we can build strong, lasting friendship and understanding as we go through "thick and thin" as im sure we will, esp near the deadline..hehe..To those who knows me well, they'd know that i have a little problem with my confidence and i hope that through this, I can find confidence in myself.

These are one of the major reason and hope i have for CS3216. I know that though i'd have a hard time, I'd also have a GREAT experience. One that i know i'd look back and cherish all my life. Now that school's starting, I'm looking forward to this great new adventure :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good. :-)

    We'd see what happens in a couple of weeks. Hope your injury is better and you got enough sleep? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, we'd definitely see :) My ankle's much better, thnx and enough slp or not huh... hmm... quite subjective i suppose, im definitely sleeping but i can always sleep more..hehe, i love sleeping >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at it this way..
    If you make it through this sem with all your modules intact.
    Your DDP is gonna feel like a piece of cake :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. mwahaha, that's true:) I'm still save till next sem but we'll see about it. If I can survive this with my CAP intact, Im sure, like you say, my DDP's gonna be like a piece of cake.haha

    ReplyDelete