31 December 2013

Sweet Mum

I never knew this but my mum actually keeps small notes in her hand phone like a diary of sorts. It contains some major events of the year like when we spent new year in Taiwan e.t.c.

Though I noticed quite a few notes was about me being away from Singapore for my internship and when I called back home. I wonder if my trip away from Singapore has affected her more than she lets on. If I really do go overseas to work, I wonder if she will cope with it.

Another special note I found was one on Joyce's birthday. It coincides with the ceremony where public can choose to give the robes to the monks. My mum has planned for my sister to be the first to give the robe in hope that her wishes will all come true.

I still remember my sister being rather reluctant to go and deeming it as a chore. It is not exactly secret that my sister thinks she's the least loved by mum and mum certainty re-enforces that idea with regular comments on her seemingly "lack of common sense, initiative and ability" when it comes to house work.

However, reading this note just shows how much she does love Joyce and the rest of us. Though she doesn't show it very well and irritates us at times with her nagging and her restlessness, she really does love us in her own way. Often times, it is not in ways we can clearly see and appreciate but it's definitely there and I love her all the more for it. Hopefully all of us can see this and learn to love her more!

No comments:

Post a Comment