28 December 2013

4C gathering!


I have to admit I am pretty apprehensive at first since I haven't had any contact with them for years! In fact, I met up with my JC friends more often than my secondary school one. Though it really is a good chance to catch up with everyone so I went for the gathering and I'm glad I went.


Though it was a little awkward in the beginning since I've not met them for so many years, it was still nice getting to see everyone. Everyone's grown so much and some are even getting settled down like Jasmine and Hui Qing. Looking at them, I can't help but feel a little distance as I can see that they've been keeping up with each other in their own groups, just like back in school.

It's always been a regret of mine to not have very close friendships back in secondary school. I've spent majority of my time playing badminton though frankly speaking, I'm really ostracized in the team. I think it really is the crux of my unhappiness in school. I felt like I never belonged. Though on hindsight, I really should have given up on badminton in secondary school and joined other CCAs and spend more time interacting with my classmates and making friends in other CCAs. Despite the bad times in badminton, I have always found a certain level of happiness and content with my classmates. Though I wasn't particularly very close to anyone/everyone, I still had a fun time and it was perhaps, the best times I had in st nicks.

We all have a great time reminiscing about past times and relate tales of our adventures back in the school days. It's times like this that I REALLY REALLY missed school and want to rewind time to redo it all over again, this time making sure to make more friends and keep them closer to me still.

Regardless it's was a fun afternoon and I really appreciate the get together. Though the friendship may seem too frayed to strengthen at this point, I am trusting and believing in Lord Jesus to be all my friendships and relationships!


No comments:

Post a Comment