01 February 2010

Team needs coordination of ideas and communication

throughout the week where we're rentlessly rushing to get the assignment done, or at least the basic stuff up, i realise that communication is a very key issue and the crux of any group work. I know it is common sense but i learn that it is VERY important to have constant comminication, an update or what you and your group mates are doing, to always keep each other up to date. To always make sure that each of us have the same goals and how things should work is a very important point in group work. NEVER ASSUME. it's a fatal mistake to commit especially if you're doing a massive group work and the jobs are highly interdependent.

BASICS. it always boils down to this. basics. A very important step in all projects. foundations are to be layed and set upon before other fanciful stuff can be added to it. The same applies for any projects. the basics and the foundations of every project must be strong and able to support any future features(wishlist) you would like to add on to it. For my group, a major part of our foundation lies on our project plans and the underlying concepts. Our backend must be strong enough to support our front end and looking at our schema, i can honestly say i can't make out what the diagram's about, the lines are neat but are so closely knited it's hard to see without hovering your mouse over it and see it highlighted. All of those, while we hardly implement them are vital ascepts towards our project and forms a huge poportion of our project's foundation. Once our group's basics are up, it'd be much managable to implement it and extend it. It's this basic foundation that have us slaving nights and days without slp to get it out. I must admit, I'm at awe with the level of commitement my group's showing. Honestly, I'm impressed. though proff has a point, it's time to catch up on other modules, which for me is a lot >.< a great many thanks to my group mates for making it through though im sure life's still as busy, esp with the school work and hall commitements catching up with me and im sure many others (my ihg just start as well as my hall's internal projects though they're well on their way).

This brings me to the point of time management. People always complain that they do not have enough time but i believe we can always squeeze out more time. Definitely, it jsut needs discpline. Well, it's true that we can do a lot of things if we don't slp (my group have prove it time and again) i believe it is important to allocated time efficiently and diligently to different aspects of your life. Im not just talking about school, module stuff but also with your friends, family e.t.c. I keep feeling as if a whole semester have just passed and though it's only like, less than a week, i feel as if it's been decades i've not gone home. I missed my home. I went back on sat afternoon (slept it away) and came back on sunday to do seminar stuff and subsequently my hall internal project. Sometime it feels as if we're running a marathon (one that im glad to run) and i learn that it is VERY important to manage your time very properly or you'd miss a lot of stuff. Well I miss home so now that the fb assignment's done and the seminar will be done tomolo im going back home to spend the nigth with my family on tues. I miss the smell of my home (shrugs, im being sentimental but i really do miss the smell of my home and the blankets they're nice >.<) so im going back. oh well, free time now's dedicated towards catching up other modules and like prof said, we'd get a break starting from wed and I'm really gonna spend the time till cny to enjoy, rest and catch up with my studies.

Till then, i better catch up on my slp (never seem to get enough of it, it surprises me that this can make laurence, the one who never slpt past 10 and always wake at 6+ to overslp, it's jsut astonishing) and rush my tut tomolo, shrugs. I actually had a rather intersting conversation with my seminar teammates on a lotta things, like quirks and different events and what not, it's rather interesting >.< perhpas that can be my next blog~ till then, before my face crashes into my lappy~ good nightz~

3 comments:

  1. I also think that life is a very long marathon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.
    i've been sleeping after 12 everyday liao lor, ever since this sem started. yea, but the oversleeping part is astonishing. i swear i have never woke up after 10 before. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. right~ but sleep has never seem so sweet before don't you think~

    ReplyDelete